Do you want to market innovative solutions to mitigate enteric methane emissions and fight antimicrobial resistance in livestock to support profitable farming and to generate healthy, safe and sustainable protein for human nutrition?
Ready to make a change in this world? Join us as Technical Sales Representative!
MOOTRAL - a British-Swiss AgriTech company tackling two of the biggest crises of the world: climate change and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Our first two solutions focus on reducing methane emissions from ruminants and eliminating the use of antibiotics in monogastric livestock.
Our growing herd of changemakers in the UK, Switzerland, Germany and many other parts of the World is constantly working on bringing new ideas and innovative technologies to market and turning conventional thinking on its head.
We don’t just love what we do, we believe in it too. We are driven by an honest desire to bring about change by creating a MoOvement - it’s as simple as that!
A MoOvement that makes life better for animals, farmers, consumers and businesses – while protecting the planet too.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Technical Sales Representative to roll out our products for monogastrics across Western Europe with a focus on UK/Ireland, Spain and Italy.
Our products for monogastrics help to fight antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in livestock farming while increasing farm profitability. They are natural nutritional solutions that improve intestinal health, performance and liveability of monogastric animals such as broilers and piglets. By replacing preventive antibiotics and zinc oxide, they present a great way to comply with current regulations and improve farm profitability at the same time.
The Technical Sales Representative is the leading point of contact with the farm manager and staff. You identify and recruit poultry and pig producers, establish the needs of the customer and recommend optimal product application, lead farm demonstrations and liaise with and between customer and internal teams.
For this, you should have a clear understanding of the product and the ability to break down technical terminology and concepts to customers in an easily understandable manner. You should have deep technical knowledge of farm management and husbandry practices and be able to identify opportunities, risk and barriers easily when on farm.
The Technical Sales Representative will report to the Business Development Director.
- Ensuring our sales targets for Grazexin are met by identifying new leads, successfully closing deals and retaining customers to generate sales
- Establishing the technical needs of the customer, suggesting appropriate products and product administration
- Explaining complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable and convincing, supported by technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of how the product works and how to best administer it
- Representing Mootral to customers and other external stakeholders and being the voice of the customer internally
- Leading farm demonstrations with the customer and in the cross-functional team
- Liaising with and between customers and internal teams, be the lead point of contact for producers
- Following up with customers and resolving any issues that may arise
- Reporting to management about progress, sales and customer feedback
- Creating and updating records of customer information and communication
- University degree in farming (i.e. agriculture, animal nutrition/husbandry, veterinary medicine). Deep technical knowledge of farm management and husbandry practices. A sound understanding of intestinal health is a great advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales experience within the poultry and swine industry and an existing network in the industry that can be leveraged.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, target driven, exceptional ability to negotiate, sell and close on-farm deals to increase sales.
- Proactive, excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Languages: English on a professional level plus ideally any of the following: Spanish, Italian.
- A valid EU driving licence and a willingness to travel extensively.
- British or EU citizenship/passport to facilitate travel across Europe.
The role can be based in the UK or in continental Europe.