Do you want to market innovative solutions to mitigate enteric methane emissions and fight antimicrobial resistance in livestock to support profitable farming and to generate healthy, safe and sustainable protein for human nutrition?
Ready to make a change in this world? Join us as Technical Sales Representative!
MOOTRAL - a British-Swiss AgriTech company tackling two of the biggest crises of the world: climate change and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Our first two solutions focus on reducing methane emissions from ruminants and eliminating the use of antibiotics in monogastric livestock.
Our growing herd of changemakers in the UK, Switzerland, Germany and many other parts of the World is constantly working on bringing new ideas and innovative technologies to market and turning conventional thinking on its head.
We don’t just love what we do, we believe in it too. We are driven by an honest desire to bring about change by creating a MoOvement - it’s as simple as that!
A MoOvement that makes life better for animals, farmers, consumers and businesses – while protecting the planet too.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Technical Sales Representative to sell and close on-farm deals to increase sales of Mootral Ruminant across the UK.
Mootral Ruminant is our natural feed supplement that reduces enteric methane emissions and improves animal performance and health of cattle. With the reduction in enteric methane emission, we can generate carbon credits (CowCredits). Those carbon credits can offset the product price and, together with the performance and health benefits, they represent an interesting proposition for farmers that want to be on the forefront of sustainable dairy production.
To be a successful technical sales representative, you should have sound technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of dairy husbandry practices. The Technical Sales Representative will report to the Business Development Director.
- Ensuring our sales targets for Mootral Ruminant are met by identifying and recruiting new farmers across the UK into our UK carbon programme
- Explaining complex technical information and processes to customers in a way that is easily understandable and convincing, supported by technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of how the product works, including all processes involved (e.g. carbon credits)
- Recommending the best suitable product administration across different husbandry practices; engaging with third parties if necessary
- Responsible for the collection of farm data
- Leading point of contact with the farmers, solving problems, liaising with and between customers and internal teams
- Representing Mootral to customers and other external stakeholders and being the voice of the customer internally
- Support farm demonstrations where necessary
- Reporting to management about progress, sales and customer feedback
- Creating and updating records of customer information and communication
- University degree in farming (i.e. agriculture, animal nutrition/husbandry, veterinary medicine). Sound technical knowledge of ruminant nutrition and extensive knowledge of UK agriculture and livestock farming
- A minimum of 3 years of feed sales experience in dairy and an existing network and strong connections in the UK dairy industry and farming community
- Entrepreneurial mindset, target driven, exceptional ability to negotiate, sell and close on-farm deals to increase sales
- Proactive, excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills
- Full UK driving license and a willingness to travel extensively
The role can be based in Abertillery or be remote in the UK, ideally in a dairy farming region.