Are you a lab technician looking to develop innovative solutions to address some of the biggest diseases affecting livestock ? Then join MOOTRAL !!
Our growing herd of changemakers in the UK, Switzerland, Germany and many other parts of the World is constantly working on bringing new ideas and innovative technologies to market and turning conventional thinking on its head.
We don’t just love what we do, we believe in it too. We are driven by an honest desire to bring about change by creating a MoOvement - it’s as simple as that!
A MoOvement that makes life better for animals, farmers, consumers and businesses – while protecting the planet too.
Ready to make a change in this world? Join us as our new Lab technician.
- Manage culture collection of different microorganisms, ensuring health of cultures by implementing sterile procedures and following good laboratory practices
- Perform routine analysis to evaluate culture health and growth, including microscopic observations, spectrophotometry measurements, dry weight, nutrient analysis, and other routine analysis at laboratory and pilot scales.
- Perform media preparation for a variety of strains meeting different nutritional needs
- Support in the preparation and maintenance of cultures for scale-up
- Support in the management of a pilot facility, including routine work and troubleshooting of equipment
- Assist research scientists in conducting experimental work, from experiment preparation to sample collection and processing
- Support in biomass characterisation work, to identify bioactive compounds
- Clear and timely communication of data, including data entry and reporting
- Perform routine laboratory duties (including stocking of consumables, maintenance of glassware, etc.)
- Follow good practices of health and safety in a laboratory environment
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology or similar field
- Relevant experience (2+ years) in industry and/or academia of working in a laboratory setting
- Experience of working with chemicals and good knowledge of health and safety practices in laboratories
- Experience of working with a range of analytical equipment (spectrophotometry, centrifuge, micropipette, biochemical assays, etc.)
- Highly motivated with intellectual curiosity and rigor
- Ability to plan own work, manage multiple tasks and deliver against deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with team spirit
- Experience of working with cell cultures, preferably microalgae and cyanobacteria
The role is required to be based at our R&D site in Abertillery.