Are you a chemist or analyst with gas chromatography experience looking to develop innovative solutions to mitigate enteric methane emissions and fight antimicrobial resistance in livestock to support profitable farming and to generate healthy, safe and sustainable protein for human nutrition?
Then join MOOTRAL - a British-Swiss AgriTech company tackling two of the biggest crises of the world: climate change and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Our first two solutions focus on reducing methane emissions from ruminants and eliminating the use of antibiotics in monogastric livestock.
Our growing herd of changemakers in the UK, Switzerland, Germany and many other parts of the World is constantly working on bringing new ideas and innovative technologies to market and turning conventional thinking on its head.
We don’t just love what we do, we believe in it too. We are driven by an honest desire to bring about change by creating a MoOvement - it’s as simple as that!
A MoOvement that makes life better for animals, farmers, consumers and businesses – while protecting the planet too.
Ready to make a change in this world? Join us as our new Gas Chromatography Analyst.
- Operate required lab equipment, perform basic preventive maintenance, perform equipment verification/ calibration, perform analytical method validation, troubleshoot malfunction of equipment.
- Liaise with team members and line manager with regards to tracking and prioritising samples requiring for testing
- Conduct project work independently
- Maintain complete and comprehensive records for study integrity.
- Write technical reports, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Act as key member of project teams developing suitable sample preparation and analytical techniques.
- Establish and perform testing in accordance with SOPs.
- Utilise problem solving/trouble shooting skills.
- Communicate progress and results to team members and clients.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes, and equipment.
- Initiating and generating ideas based on reading and research.
- Contribute to innovation, methods, and equipment for improvement of working practices.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Food science
- 3-year experience of hands-on GC and/ or GCMS analysis
- Knowledge of lab safety
- Mastery of a variety of sample preparation methods including interpretation of GC and/or GCMS
- Experience with process development and implementation.
- Computer literacy (familiarity with Microsoft Office as a minimum).
- Demonstrated diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- The ability to write technical reports, procedures and other business correspondence is required.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment.
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills: demonstrate innovative problem solving capabilities, whilst being practical and realistic/objective
- Technical report writing and presentation skills
This position will be based at our R&D facility in Abertillery, Wales.