Are you a bioprocess technologist with a broad experience in New Product Development from ingredients to the launch of finished products in the food, feed or pharma industry? Do you want to develop & improve our innovative solutions to mitigate enteric methane emissions and fight antimicrobial resistance in livestock to support profitable farming and to generate healthy, safe and sustainable protein for human nutrition?
Then join MOOTRAL - a British-Swiss AgriTech company tackling two of the biggest crises of the world: climate change and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Our first two solutions focus on reducing methane emissions from ruminants and eliminating the use of antibiotics in monogastric livestock.
Our growing herd of changemakers in the UK, Switzerland, Germany and many other parts of the World is constantly working on bringing new ideas and innovative technologies to market and turning conventional thinking on its head.
We don’t just love what we do, we believe in it too. We are driven by an honest desire to bring about change by creating a MoOvement - it’s as simple as that!
A MoOvement that makes life better for animals, farmers, consumers and businesses – while protecting the planet too.
Ready to make a change in this world? Join us as our new Product Development Manager.
As Mootral's Product development Manager, you will:
- Lead the New Product Development (NPD) from selected active ingredients to finished products that deliver the active ingredients in livestock
- Lead the NPD from pilot scale to large scale commercial production
- Be responsible for raw materials selection, formulation, encapsulation, processing, product specification and stability testing in the NPD in collaboration with Quality, Supply Chain and Finance to deliver innovative formulations and delivery solutions for animals.
- Improve the efficiency and sustainability of the formulations and production process
- Contribute to the development and investment projects for manufacturing and Tech transfer
- Work closely with other functions: Discovery & Biology Team, HSE & Quality, Regulatory affairs, PMO, ….. to deliver our new product portfolio
- BSc or MSc in biochemistry, process technology
- Profound knowledge of food or feed raw materials, biochemistry and process technology, formulation, encapsulation of active ingredients, and packaging
- Min. 5 years experience in a food, feed or pharma industry with developing production lines and testing product quality, stability, and delivery of active ingredients
- Ability to interpret, summarize and present scientific results in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Project management and portfolio management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously under deadline, and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and a team player that can collaborate with different teams internally
- Affinity with the livestock sector generating high value, sustainable and affordable protein for human nutrition
- Other languages e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, …are a plus.
- Company pension: 5% employer / 3% employee
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holiday
- A great team with many opportunities for career and personal development
Mootral operates a flexible hybrid-working model, with a great deal of autonomy
The role reports to our Head of Science and is based at our R&D site in Wales.