Are you a passionate animal scientist with natural leadership skills? Do you want to lead and grow our team of animal scientists across the world focused on developing innovative solutions to mitigate enteric methane emissions and fight antimicrobial resistance in livestock to support profitable farming and to generate healthy, safe and sustainable protein for human nutrition?
Then join MOOTRAL, a British-Swiss AgriTech company tackling two of the biggest crises of the world: climate change and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Our first two solutions focus on reducing methane emissions from ruminants and eliminating the use of antibiotics in monogastric livestock.
Our growing herd of changemakers in the UK, Switzerland, Germany and many other parts of the World is constantly working on bringing new ideas and innovative technologies to market and turning conventional thinking on its head.
We don’t just love what we do, we believe in it too. We are driven by an honest desire to bring about change by creating a MoOvement - it’s as simple as that!
A MoOvement that makes life better for animals, farmers, consumers and businesses – while protecting the planet too.
Ready to make a change in this world? Join us as our new Head of Animal Science !
To lead our strategic research areas in climate and animal health, our innovation projects, and technical business support of the Animal Science Team, we are looking for a passionate Head of Animal Science with experience in leading a remote team of scientists.
As the Head of Animal Science you will:
- Lead the strategic research areas, innovation projects, and technical business support of the Animal Science team in close collaboration with the Discovery & Biology Team and Business Development in Mootral and with external R&D partners and stakeholders
- Be fully accountable for Animal Science activities including budget, planning and delivery. Manage the innovation program and project portfolio, align appropriate resources, track progress and report internally and externally for decision making and support the business strategy implementation
- Lead the Animal Science team across geographies to develop innovative solutions for climate and animal health. Inspire, develop existing and new talent, motivate the team towards functional excellence
- PhD in Veterinary or Animal Science or a closely related field
- Profound knowledge in livestock farming and animal nutrition with focus on rumen fermentation and intestinal health, 8+ years of experience in academia or industry
- Strong leadership and management skills, 3+ years of experience as team lead are an advantage
- Ability to interpret, summarize and present scientific results in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Project management and portfolio management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously under deadline, delegate to the team, and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, preferably Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with team spirit
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
- Highly motivated to translate science into practical solutions to improve sustainability of livestock far
- Experience with measurement of enteric methane emissions is an advantage
- Competitive remuneration
- Company pension: 5% employer / 3% employee
- 26 days holiday + 8 bank holiday
- A great team with many opportunities for career and personal development
- Mootral operates a flexible hybrid-working model, with a great deal of autonomy
The Head of Animal Science will report to our Head of Science, and is ideally based in the UK or in an European country.