Are you a creative and innovative financial controller, focused on delivering financial solutions to support high-growth companies? Do you want the challenge of building a scalable finance function for a fast growing company? Do you want to work with a dynamic, international team solving some of the most complex challenges facing the sustainability, carbon footprint and health of our food and agricultural systems?
Then join MOOTRAL, a British-Swiss biotechnology company that develops innovative, scalable, and sustainable solutions for the agricultural systems of tomorrow. We pride ourselves on developing innovative solutions for companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and the usage of antibiotics in the agricultural sector.
For our Finance team, we are looking for an innovative Senior Financial Controller, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, with strong experience in delivering financial controls for high-growth environments.
- Develop and implement financial policies to support a fast-growing, quick-scaling international team;
- Develop and implement procedures and processes to ensure robust financial controls;
- Work across the organisation to ensure appropriate financial control and compliance;
- Drive the continuous improvement of financial control processes;
- Oversee day-to-day financial control functions, including payroll, invoicing, order to cash process, reporting and other transactions;
- Manage relationships with banking partners;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and best practice;
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts;
- Preparation of periodic financial statements;
- Prepare audit and tax submissions, and engage with regulatory on tax, audit and other financial control procedures;
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities;
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies;
- Develop and implement systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations;
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Outstanding mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong experience in Excel and financial modeling
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Highly motivated with intellectual curiosity and rigor
- Ability to plan own work, manage multiple tasks and projects and deliver against deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with cross-functional team spirit, and ability to develop presentation materials for senior management
- Experience working with high growth organisations and/or start-ups
- Experience managing and training junior staff and technicians
- Experience of project management methods and tools
- Experience managing strategic financial transactions.
- Competitive remuneration including 5% employer contribution to pension scheme.
- A great team with many opportunities for career and personal development
- Mootral operates a flexible hybrid-working model, with a great deal of autonomy
Applicants for the role of Senior Financial Controller should ideally be based in the Greater London area.