Are you enjoying working in a laboratory? Do you want to join a growing team of scientists focused on developing innovative solutions to mitigate enteric methane emissions and fight antimicrobial resistance of livestock to generate healthy, safety and sustainable protein for human nutrition?
Then Join MOOTRAL, a British-Swiss company that develops scalable and sustainable solutions for the agricultural systems of tomorrow. We pride ourselves on developing innovative solutions for companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and the usage of antibiotics in the agricultural sector.
The Junior Laboratory Scientist will contribute to experimental programmes and providing general support to the R&D team.
This is a laboratory-based role in which you will:
- Conduct laboratory procedures as directed both independently and under supervision from senior staff members
- Test new product concepts and compounds in cell-based and analytical assays
- Set up and maintain microbial cultures (BSL 1 and 2)
- Prepare solutions, media and samples for experimental work
- Maintain lab cleanliness, organisation and wash/sterilise glassware
- Record keeping via laboratory notebooks and experimental reports
- Ensure all activity is carried out in accordance with the appropriate quality and safety systems
- Write internal technical reports
- Contribute to any scientific publications
- Good organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Degree in a scientific subject (preferably biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology) or 3+ years’ experience in a similar role in a related scientific or technical field
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective team member and ability to collaborate
- Verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy (Microsoft office familiarity as a minimum)
- Self-motivation and independent working using own initiative
- Whilst full training will be given, preferably the candidate will have experience of working in a Research & Development environment within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Laboratory experience in the following areas would be desirable: molecular microbiology and protein analyses
- Experience with lab equipment as HPLC and GC
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
The role is required to be based at our R&D team in Abertillery near the Cardiff area in Wales, UK.